I had a pretty fun day today, started off by a super-sweaty workout that left me feeling very alive. I was aware of the energy flowing through my body in a way I really never have been before, and I felt ready for the day ahead despite having just burned a whole lot of calories.
However, I haven’t gotten much sleep the last few days and I’m tired. Right now I’m feeling dejected and down on myself, focusing on aspects of my life that aren’t what I would like them to be. I watched a movie a couple hours ago that ended up sparking my melancholy mood, and I simply am feeling sad about life.
Sitting down in front of my computer to check emails, revisit posts I’ve made, and catch up on the TIU Community, I saw an article K&K posted this morning that apparently they knew I would need by the end of the day. It doesn’t say anything I’ve never heard before, but it was a timely reminder!
So, as I’ve just been encouraged to do, I’m making a list of 5 things I’m grateful for. Here goes:
- I’m grateful for the Tone It Up community! I’ve been following them for a few years now and while I haven’t been really committed to actually doing the challenges and workouts for very long, I’ve always been impressed with the joy and positivity they exude and I’ve found inspiration there that’s truly made a difference in my life.
- I’m grateful for my friends. I don’t have that many who are close to me, and those are the ones who ultimately fill the friendship-sized hole in my heart. They bless me and enrich my life and love me when I don’t remember to love myself. They’re there for me when I hit rock bottom and I wouldn’t be where I am today without those arms holding me and those voices cheering me on.
- I’m grateful that I love reading. There are so many things I’ve learned from the books I’ve read, and I’m so blessed to enjoy the process instead of having to force myself to read. Books can change how you think, and they should be an important part of any serious effort to better yourself. Thank goodness I don’t have to learn how to love reading before I can start learning FROM reading!
- Today I was grateful for the quiet night with soft, wet snow falling lightly around me when I went outside to head home from my friend’s house. It struck me as extremely peaceful, even though it was closer to tiny raindrops than actual snow. I wanted to stand out there in the quiet and just get lost in the feeling of being connected to that single moment, and I’m grateful I got to experience that.
- I was also grateful to spend time with my friend and her son! I don’t think he’s been feeling well so he was a little bit cranky and that frustrated my friend, but I could tell he’s normally a sweetheart and he won me over with no problem. And it was really great to have someone to go out with and run errands that I normally hate doing, because I have no one to go with me except occasionally my boyfriend. I was way more motivated to get things done, and I’m grateful it lined up that way.
There we go! Definitely doesn’t break the entire melancholy chain of thoughts, but I feel a lot lighter and more content than I did a few minutes ago.
What is one thing you’re grateful for right now?